Welcome to Linux From Scratch!
Linux From Scratch (LFS) is a project that provides you with
step-by-step instructions for building your own custom Linux system,
entirely from source code.
Currently, the Linux From Scratch organization consists of the following
- LFS :: Linux From Scratch is the main book, the
base from which all other projects are derived.
- BLFS :: Beyond Linux From Scratch helps you
extend your finished LFS installation into a more customized and usable
- ALFS :: Automated Linux From Scratch provides
tools for automating and managing LFS and BLFS builds.
- Hints :: The Hints project is a collection of
documents that explain how to enhance your LFS system in ways that are
not included in the LFS or BLFS books.
- Patches :: The Patches project serves as a
central repository for all patches useful to an LFS user.
- LFS Editor's Guide :: A document that
describes the LFS development process.
- Museum :: Copies of ancient LFS and BLFS versions.